[R] R base package grid does not output raster image

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 24 08:43:21 CEST 2013

On 24/07/2013 07:23, Terry Seaward wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I don't think this is a remote desktop issue. I can run the following
> code by remoting into both a Windows 7 machine and a Windows Server R2

There are Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 but not R2.

> machine. I can see the results on the Windows 7 machine but not the
> server.

This is a known problem with Windows Remote Desktop: it is nothing to do
with R.  See ?rasterImage in R.

Basically Remote Desktop restricts the number of colours when connecting
to a Windows Server machine, and interpolating rasters needs a lot of
colours.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk