[Rd] [External] Non-API updates

Josiah Parry jo@|@h@p@rry @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 25 18:25:21 CEST 2024

"Stop using them" is pithy advice but far easier said than done!

With respect to NOTES and WARN on CRAN, these do not result in any
package maintainer notifications. The only notification that the developers
receive is the threatening one that states that the packages will be
removed
from CRAN with a very short timeline.

Is there a link you can provide regarding the "Moving into C compliance?" It
cannot be found at https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html.

Given that there hasn't been a stable release with these changes, how are
we
to know these changes have been stabilized and begin working towards
remedying them? These WARNs come from R-devel which is, as its name
suggests,
a development version which is vacillating daily.