[Rd] Large vector support in data.frames

Jan van der Laan rhe|p @end|ng |rom eoo@@dd@@n|
Wed Jun 19 09:52:20 CEST 2024

What is the status of supporting long vectors in data.frames (e.g.
data.frames with more than 2^31 records)? Is this something that is
being worked on? Is there a time line for this? Is this something I can
contribute to?

I now regularly work with datasets with more than 2^31 records and not
being able to use data.frames is frustrating sometimes. I tried looking
for information on this, but I probably looked in the wrong places
and/or used the wrong search terms, and I could not find any information
on this.

Best,
Jan