[Rd] R-patched on CRAN is R-4.3.3

Peter Langfelder peter@|@ng|e|der @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 15 07:08:01 CEST 2024

Hi all,

apologies if I missed something here. Just downloaded and compiled
R-patched from https://stat.ethz.ch/R/daily/ but it reports as R-4.3.3
(2024-04-09 r86895) -- "Angel Food Cake". The last dated R-patched is
from 2024-04-09, about 3 months old. Are R-patched not updated
anymore, am I looking at a wrong directory or even a wrong server? The
current R Installation and Administration manual
(https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#Getting-patched-and-development-versions)
suggests that the current R-patched should be where I looked for it:

A patched version of the current release, ‘r-patched’, and the current
development version, ‘r-devel’, are available as daily tarballs and
via access to the R Subversion repository. (For the two weeks prior to
the release of a minor (4.x.0) version, ‘r-patched’ tarballs may refer
to beta/release candidates of the upcoming release, the patched
version of the current release being available via Subversion.)

The tarballs are available from https://stat.ethz.ch/R/daily/.
Download R-patched.tar.gz or R-devel.tar.gz (or the .tar.bz2 versions)
and unpack as described in the previous section. They are built in
exactly the same way as distributions of R releases.

Thanks,

Peter