[Rd] How to access to internal header files

Tue May 24 17:32:06 CEST 2022

On 24 May 2022 at 16:59, Sebastian Fischer wrote:
| Thanks, It would be great to get instructions on how I can compile R, so
| that those header files are visible and can be used when compiling
| via R CMD SHLIB,

You are in luck because R Core anticipated your question and shipped your
version of R with a manual on 'Installation and Administration' of R. You can
also browse it at different spot on the internet, my favourite currently is

   https://rstudio.github.io/r-manuals/r-admin/

But note what Martin said: you are looking at _internal_ headers meaning they
should _not_ be used in an R package. For test purposes and study you can
work around this and set the -I directory to tell the compiler.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org