[Rd] How to access to internal header files

Tue May 24 15:50:13 CEST 2022

On 24 May 2022 at 15:23, Martin Maechler wrote:
| Well, if you want to explore how R is written ... and that's the
| only good reason for looking into such private header files ...
| then get the sources of R and explore...
|
| The official sources (and even daily snapshots from both
| "R-patched" and "R-devel")  are available e.g. from
|
|  https://cran.r-project.org/sources.html

And for those who prefer the GitHub interface (including reasonably powerful
searches, now even via two APIs, as well as editor support) there are the
mirrors of the svn repo at GitHub of which

   https://github.com/r-devel/r-svn

is the more recent variant with extra polish to better map original commits
to a nicely browseable git commit history.  It also has all the branches.

I still keep an svn checkout for local builds of r-devel as I have since
'forever' but find the github access extremely valuable for browsing.

So a cheers for Jeroen for taking care of this.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org