[Rd] Writing in R // R 4.2.0 on Windows doesn't work with Dasher

Paulo Barata pb @end|ng |rom |n|o||nk@com@br
Sun May 15 16:10:49 CEST 2022

To the R developers,

I noticed today that R 4.2.0 responds to the "Enter" character of Dasher
version 5.0.0 beta in "Direct Entry" mode. An "Enter" in Dasher causes
the R prompt to jump to the next line, as an "Enter" should do.

No other characters (letters, digits, special characters like + = & ~ |
# $) are accepted by R 4.2.0 through Dasher.

The "Enter" shows that, somehow, the communication between Dasher and R
4.2.0 through the Windows system is not completely curtailed.

Regards,

Paulo Barata