[Rd] Typo in Renviron.site in R 4.2.0 on Ubuntu?

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun May 8 19:43:26 CEST 2022

> ... The extra apostrophe does not seem to have created an issue during all those tests, or since, under either Debian or Ubuntu.

I think that is because the system library '/usr/lib/R/library' is
always appended at the end of the library path, so that non-existing
to folder (the one with the extra single quote appended) makes no
difference; it's silently ignored by R if used.

This begs the question, why is the system library added to the site
library path in the first place?  I would argue that:

R_LIBS_SITE="/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/:${R_LIBS_SITE}"

is the correct way here.

/Henrik