[Rd] R-devel: Fortran 90 and note on LAPACK

Avraham Adler @vr@h@m@@d|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Mar 24 17:32:15 CET 2022

Hello.

In the current notes for R-devel [1] referring to LAPACK, it states

>The included LAPACK sources have been updated to version 3.10.0, except for the four Fortran
>77 routines which 3.10.0 has re-implemented in Fortran 90 (where the older versions have been
>retained as the R build process does not support Fortran 90)

I am a bit confused as I know R supports F9x [2]. Moreover, an F90
compiler seems to be the minimum requirement for R [3]. May I ask for
clarification of this note, please?

Thank you,

Avi

[1]: https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/NEWS.html