[Rd] Bundling MathJax

Tue Mar 15 11:44:17 CET 2022

Hi Ivan,

I would say the biggest impact is in terms of the size of the installed package (~4MB versus ~2.9MB). Of course, these days this is a trivial difference in terms of storage. The decrease in load and execution time is probably negligible (esp. when MathJax is served locally), but I haven't done any proper benchmarks on this.

Note that mathjaxr only minifies when the (suggested) 'js' package is installed, so this step is completely optional.

Best,
Wolfgang