[Rd] Outreachy internships

Heather Turner ht @end|ng |rom he@therturner@net
Fri Mar 4 16:54:50 CET 2022

Dear All,

As you will have seen, the R Project is participating in Outreachy this year. Hopefully we can give a friendly welcome when candidates start contributing in mid-March to mid-April and during the internship period (May-August). They will work mainly with their mentors, but depending on the project, may interact with some of the wider community here, as guided by their mentor.

Meanwhile, if anyone is interested in (co-)mentoring an intern or proposing a project, we have till March 23 (https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/the-r-project-for-statistical-computing/). We have some project proposals already in the pipeline, but welcome others to get involved! Summary of ideas here: https://github.com/r-devel/rcontribution/issues/15#issuecomment-1050684123 - note we particularly welcome anyone interested in mentoring a project related to translations. Potentially projects can be cross-posted as large GSoC projects, with maximum one person from Outreachy/GSoC selected in the end.

You can email me to discuss further heather using r-project.org.

Best wishes,
Heather