[Rd] [External] Re: svd() results should have a class

Gabriel Becker g@bembecker @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jun 24 02:18:48 CEST 2022

This does make sense to me, though I admit to not feeling super strongly
about it. Particularly in the light of the precedent from qr().

It would also be "mostly" backwards compatible, as there would not be
methods for the new class for existing code to get hung up on out of the
gate. Particularly, if class(svd(...)) was c("svd", "list") to ensure
existing methods were always hit. I don't have a great sense of the
difference in end behavior between doing that and just having the class e
"svd", though.

Should we add this as a very late addition to the Bug BBQ list for further
discussion?

~G