[Rd] trace() an S3-classed function in .GlobalEnv

Michael Chirico m|ch@e|ch|r|co4 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 8 19:12:25 CEST 2022

Thanks, that seems like a reasonable assessment.

Also worth noting that tracing wipes out a function's attributes,
which is also not documented:

foo = function(x) {
  invisible(1 + 1)
}
attr(foo, "bar") <- 2

trace(foo, quote(message('traced')))
names(attributes(foo))
# [1] "original" "source"   "class"

PS one day I hope to master the dark art of choosing r-devel or
bugzilla for issues :)