[Rd] R CMD Check should allow packages with C and C++ and OpenMP without generating a NOTE

Sebastian Martin Krantz @eb@@t|@n@kr@ntz @end|ng |rom gr@du@te|n@t|tute@ch
Wed Jun 8 14:00:15 CEST 2022

For the record: it seems a simple text-substitution approach in the
Makevars file solves the issue, e.g. to have a package combining C, C++ and
OpenMP, your Makevars file could look like this:

PKG_CFLAGS = $($(subst OPENMP,OPENMP_CFLAGS,SHLIB_OPENMP))
PKG_CXXFLAGS = $(SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS)
PKG_LIBS = $(SHLIB_OPENMP_CXXFLAGS)

where $($(subst OPENMP,OPENMP_CFLAGS,SHLIB_OPENMP)) substitutes
OPENMP_CFLAGS for OPENMP, thus reconstructing SHLIB_OPENMP_CFLAGS and
avoiding errors from static code analysis on R CMD Check.

Needless to say this is not very elegant and it would be great if R CMD
Check could be adjusted.

Best regards,

Sebastian