[Rd] Feature Request: Allow Underscore Separated Numbers

Jan van der Laan rhe|p @end|ng |rom eoo@@dd@@n|
Fri Jul 15 10:27:54 CEST 2022

Another R-solution would be:

`%,%` <- function(a, b) a*1000 + b

which would allow one to write large numbers as

 > 100%,%123

Resulting in 100123.

Not sure if this really helps with readability.

I actually think this could better be handled by the IDE one is working
in. Most IDE's already do syntax highlighting and when a suitable font
is used text as '!=' is displayed as '≠' (the unequal sign). So I guess
they can also apply special formatting to large numbers such as grouping
the numbers, underlining groups of three, using colour, ..

Jan