[Rd] Why does lm() with the subset argument give a different answer than subsetting in advance?

Mon Jan 3 16:54:26 CET 2022

    >    I agree that it seems non-intuitive (I can't think of a
    > design reason for it to look this way), but I'd like to
    > stress that it's *not* an information leak; the
    > predictions of the model are independent of the
    > parameterization, which is all this issue affects. In a
    > worst case there might be some unfortunate effects on
    > numerical stability if the data-dependent bases are
    > computed on a very different set of data than the model
    > fitting actually uses.

    >    I've attached a suggested documentation patch (I hope
    > it makes it through to the list, if not I can add it to
    > the body of a message.)

It did make it through;  thank you, Ben!
( After adding two forgotten '}' ) I've committed the help file
additions to the R sources (R-devel) in svn r81434 .

Thanks again and

       "Happy New Year"

to all readers,

Martin