[Rd] merge by = "row.names" forgetting row.names (and typo in documentation)

IAGO GINÉ VÁZQUEZ |@go@g|ne @end|ng |rom @jd@e@
Tue Apr 12 12:17:56 CEST 2022

Dear all,

Would it be possible to change this behaviour or having the option to change this default to keep the row.names in the output and no adding a new column?, so it would make simpler to merge multiple data frames with comon row names. I know it is documented, but it does not seem the most obvious behaviour. Why is it kept like this?

 If the matching involved row names, an extra character column called Row.names is added at the left, and in all cases the result has �automatic� row names.
Thanks,

PD - typo in the documentation (I am not sure if it should be reported as a bug) of `base::addNA`. In the **Value** section the `addNA` starting the line which explains its behaviour is not formatted as code.

Iago