[Rd] intersect() change of behavior in 4.2

Lluís Revilla ||u|@@rev|||@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 12 09:16:36 CEST 2022

Hi all,

This change is documented on the man page so I think it is intentional.
>From https://search.r-project.org/R/refmans/base/html/sets.html:

    For union, a vector of a common mode.
    For intersect, a vector of a common mode, or NULL if x or y is NULL.
    For setdiff, a vector of the same mode as x.

Now the results are symmetrical to intersect( "foo", list())
Probably it is worth mentioning in the NEWS as it was found to cause
some test to fail on a Bioconductor package some months ago.
This could affect other packages and analysis too.

Best,

Lluís