[Rd] Inconsistent is.list results on 'by' objects

Kevin Ushey kev|nu@hey @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 17 00:31:03 CET 2021

You can see this a bit more clearly with e.g.

> storage.mode(byy)
[1] "list"
> storage.mode(byy.empty)
[1] "logical"

So even though both objects have S3 class "by", they have a different
underlying internal storage mode (as simplifying the result of 'by'
has given you a 0-length logical, instead of a 0-length list).

Best,
Kevin