[Rd] Fwd: Using existing envars in Renviron on friendly Windows

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 3 01:37:26 CET 2021

Oh, I see, I misunderstood.  Thanks for clarifying.

One more thing, to mix-and-match environment variables and strings
with escaped characters, while mimicking how POSIX shells does it, by
using strings with double and single quotes. For example, with:

$ cat .Renviron
APPDATA='C:\Users\foobar\AppData\Roaming'
R_LIBS_USER="${APPDATA}"'\R-library'

we get:

$ Rscript --no-init-file --quiet -e 'cat(sprintf("R_LIBS_USER=[%s]\n",
Sys.getenv("R_LIBS_USER")))'
R_LIBS_USER=[C:\Users\foobar\AppData\Roaming\R-library]

and

$ source .Renviron
$ echo "R_LIBS_USER=[${R_LIBS_USER}]"
R_LIBS_USER=[C:\Users\foobar\AppData\Roaming\R-library]

/Henrik