[Rd] Feature request – math in HTML help

Jan Netík net|kj@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 27 22:54:10 CEST 2021

I am so sorry, my post sounded quite the opposite of what I intended! I
used the term "monkey patch" as a technical one (see
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_patch) and I said "weird" meaning
mathjaxr is something fulfilling the concept, but only figuratively.

Actually I gave mathjaxr as a good (the best I know, in fact) example of an
approach how to solve the issue. However, no package can achieve nicely
formatted/rendered math in every single R documentation files. I thought
this could be solved globally, directly in R, as it is the case of PDF
Reference manual. I propose (in line with mathjaxr authors) that mathjax is
pretty good candidate for it.

Once more I am sorry for the ambiguity in my language.

Best,
Jan Netik