[Rd] 1954 from NA

Taras Zakharko t@r@@@z@kh@rko @end|ng |rom uzh@ch
Mon May 24 15:18:47 CEST 2021

Hi Adrian,

Have a look at vctrs package — they have low-level primitives that might simplify your life a bit. I think you can get quite far by creating a custom type that stores NAs in an attribute and utilizes vctrs proxy functionality to preserve these attributes across different operations. Going that route will likely to give you a much more flexible and robust solution.

Best,

Taras