[Rd] Testing R build when using --without-recommended-packages?

Tue May 4 20:17:12 CEST 2021

On 4 May 2021 at 11:07, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
| Thanks, but I don't understand. That's what I usually do when I build
| R with 'recommended' packages.  But here, I explicitly do *not* want
| to build and install 'recommended' packages with the R installation.
| So, I'm going down the --without-recommended-packages path on purpose
| and I'm looking for a way to validate such an installation.

I understand the desire, and am sympathetic, but for all+ years I have been
building R (or R-devel) from source this has never been optional. Nor has any
optionality (for the build of R has a whole) been documented, at least as far
as I know.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org