[Rd] changes in some header files

iuke-tier@ey m@iii@g oii uiow@@edu iuke-tier@ey m@iii@g oii uiow@@edu
Tue Jul 20 21:57:14 CEST 2021

We are working on rearranging some of our header files with the goal
of making the installed headers correspond more closely to the C API
available to packages. Packages that only use entry points and
definitions that are part of the API as specified in Chapter 6 of
Writing R Extensions should not be affected.

I have committed an initial set of changes to R-devel in
r80644. About 10 CRAN packages that use non-API features will fail
under R-devel after these changes and their maintainers have been
notified.

If you are currently using non-API features in a package it would be a
good idea to review what you are doing and to try to revise your code
to work within the API. If you feel there are features missing in the
API then you can suggest additions on this mailing list or bugzilla.

Best,

luke

--
Luke Tierney