[Rd] Apple M1 CRAN checks

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Tue Feb 23 08:25:02 CET 2021

On 22/02/2021 08:30, Travers Ching wrote:
> I noticed CRAN is now doing checks against Apple M1, and some packages are
> failing including a dependency I use.

I don't know what this refers to: M1 Mac CRAN checks are planned but
AFAICS not yet included in the main results tables.

OTOH, 'Additional issues' on M1 Mac have been reported on the results
pages since early December.

> Is building on M1 now a requirement, or can the check be ignored? If it's a
> requirement, how can one test it out?

'requirement' for what?

I am not aware of any CRAN package for which 'R CMD build' does not work
on an M1 Mac.

*Checking* might need an M1 Mac machine.  CRAN has only been notifying
issues which can easily be corrected without access to M1 hardware (such
as using suggested packages unconditionally or using optional
capabilities without checking).

> Travers
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Please do re-read the posting guide (and 'Writing R Extensions').
Also, this is not r-package-devel ....

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk