[Rd] R 4.0.4 is released
pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 15 10:18:01 CET 2021
The build system rolled up R-4.0.4.tar.gz (codename "Lost Library Book") this morning.
The list below details the changes in this release.
You can get the source code from
or wait for it to be mirrored at a CRAN site nearer to you.
Binaries for various platforms will appear in due course.
For the R Core Team,
These are the checksums (md5 and SHA-256) for the freshly created files, in case you wish
to check that they are uncorrupted:
MD5 (AUTHORS) = b9c44f9f78cab3184ad9898bebc854b4
MD5 (COPYING) = eb723b61539feef013de476e68b5c50a
MD5 (COPYING.LIB) = a6f89e2100d9b6cdffcea4f398e37343
MD5 (FAQ) = a5596520508b8749aa18baea2cf8ff80
MD5 (INSTALL) = 7893f754308ca31f1ccf62055090ad7b
MD5 (NEWS) = eeb2d15f39e0a38935de2c419b4263f7
MD5 (NEWS.0) = bfcd7c147251b5474d96848c6f57e5a8
MD5 (NEWS.1) = eb78c4d053ec9c32b815cf0c2ebea801
MD5 (NEWS.2) = 496062c138e2def06cebccddfb814ac6
MD5 (NEWS.3) = 012e7f4a80cc8ec947bf3f0ff6117ec8
MD5 (R-latest.tar.gz) = e205f000947f99eeba0fb6311bd61970
MD5 (README) = f468f281c919665e276a1b691decbbe6
MD5 (RESOURCES) = 529223fd3ffef95731d0a87353108435
MD5 (THANKS) = 251d20510bfc3cc93b82c5a99f7efcc6
MD5 (VERSION-INFO.dcf) = 6a5ad95f3b708ce0dc19bab8bbfc3bc0
MD5 (R-4/R-4.0.4.tar.gz) = e205f000947f99eeba0fb6311bd61970
This is the relevant part of the NEWS file
CHANGES IN R 4.0.4:
* File share/texmf/tex/latex/jss.cls has been updated to work with
LaTeX versions since Oct 2020.
* Unicode character width tables (as used by nchar(, type = "w"))
have been updated to Unicode 12.1 by Brodie Gaslam (PR#17781),
including many emoji.
* The internal table for iswprint (used on Windows, macOS and AIX)
has been updated to include many recent Unicode characters.
INSTALLATION on a UNIX-ALIKE:
* If an external BLAS is specified by --with-blas=foo or _via_
environment variable BLAS_LIBS is not found, this is now a
configuration error. The previous behaviour was not clear from
the documentation: it was to continue the search as if
--with-blas=yes was specified.
* all.equal(x,y) now "sees" the two different NAs in factors,
thanks to Bill Dunlap and others in PR#17897.
* (~ NULL) and similar formula subsetting now works, thanks to a
report and patch by Henrik Bengtsson in PR#17935. Additionally,
subsetting leaving an empty formula now works too, thanks to
suggestions by Suharto Anggono.
* .traceback(n) keeps source references again, as before R 4.0.0,
fixing a regression; introduced by the PR#17580, reported
including two patch proposals by Brodie Gaslam.
* unlist(plst, recursive=FALSE) no longer drops content for
pairlists with list components, thanks to the report and patch by
Suharto Anggono in PR#17950.
* iconvlist() now also works on MUSL based (Linux) systems, from a
report and patch suggestion by Wesley Chan in PR#17970.
* round() and signif() no longer tolerate wrong argument names,
notably in 1-argument calls; reported by Shane Mueller on R-devel
(mailing list); later reported as PR#17976.
* .Machine has longdouble.* elements only if
capabilities("long.double") is true, as documented. (Previously
they were included if the platform had long double identical to
double, as ARM does.)
* p.adjust(numeric(), n=0) now works, fixing PR#18002.
* identical(x,y) no longer prints "Unknown Type .." for typeof(x)
== "..." objects.
* Fix (auto-)print()ing of named complex vectors, see PR#17868 and
* all.equal(<language>, <...>) now works, fixing PR#18029.
* as.data.frame.list(L, row.names=NULL) now behaves in line with
data.frame(), disregarding names of components of L, fixing
PR#18034, reported by Kevin Tappe.
* checkRdaFiles(ff)$version is now correct also when ff contains
files of different versions, thanks to a report and patch from
Sebastian Meyer in PR#18041.
* macOS: Quartz device live drawing could fail (no plot is shown)
if the system changes the drawing context after view update
(often the case since macOS Big Sur). System log may show
"CGContextDelegateCreateForContext: invalid context" error.
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Center for Statistics, Copenhagen Business School
Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Office: A 4.23
Email: pd.mes using cbs.dk Priv: PDalgd using gmail.com
R-devel using r-project.org mailing list
More information about the R-devel