[Rd] R 4.0.1-4.0.5 built with Intel Composer 19.0-19.1.1, errors in "make check" on CentOS 7.7-7.9

Sat Apr 17 11:52:09 CEST 2021

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 00:13:42 +0000
Ryan Novosielski <novosirj using rutgers.edu> wrote:

> reg-tests-1d.Rout.fail:
> https://rutgersconnect-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/novosirj_oarc_rutgers_edu/EYK2JHWQ1-9Dvu6gK9lrkRIBkEyA4QqkeH7C4gmbAYyBBQ?e=lfGJL7
> reg-packages.Rout.fail:
> https://rutgersconnect-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/novosirj_oarc_rutgers_edu/EazCjI6fRnNKhQASFPeySBUBENVpCqCljFg3-sokBZJnAw?e=8lwywe

Sorry, these links seem to be asking me to log in. Could you try a
"paste bin" service like https://paste.debian.net/?

> These maybe seem like they’re OK, and if I don’t have pdf2latex,
> they’re expected?

I've never tried to build R without TeX Live installed. Is there
anything about LaTeX-less installation in 'R Installation and
Administration'?

> For the regression tests, these seem like some of them are actual
> problems, but maybe someone here knows if some are expected?

Anything that crashes (well, raises an R error, not crashes the R
process) inside tools::assertError(...) is meant to do that. In fact,
you get an error if it doesn't crash:

tools::assertError(stop('I will crash'))
tools::assertError(stop('I will crash'), verbose = TRUE)
# Asserted error: I will crash
tools::assertError(2+2)
# Error: Failed to get error in evaluating 2 + 2

--
Best regards,
Ivan