[Rd] problem adding gdb to RTOOLS40 on Windows

Jeroen Ooms jeroenoom@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Apr 16 13:17:31 CEST 2021

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 10:19 AM Bravington, Mark (Data61, Hobart)
<Mark.Bravington using data61.csiro.au> wrote:

> Excellent, thank you all. Doing "pacman -Syu" before "pacman -S gdb...." did the trick, and yes it's a different version of gdb compared to what pacman was previously trying to install. Might be worth updating the RTOOLS40 documentation to recommend doing -Syu first.

OK I have added a line to the docs. FYI, you can combine the two
commands into one:

  pacman -Sy mingw-w64-x86_64-gdb

This will first update the repository index (-y) and the install the package.