[Rd] more Matrix weirdness

Abby Spurdle @purd|e@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 11 04:02:48 CEST 2020

>     > "These operators are also implicit S4 generics, but as
>     > primitives, S4 methods will be dispatched only on S4
>     > objects ‘x’."

> Yes, exactly,  very well found, Georgi!

I'm sorry Martin, but I don't understand your point here.

I'm assuming that you want the (S3) matrix, x, to be converted to an
(S4) Matrix.

However, this is not a question of method dispatch, as such.
But rather a question of type conversion (integer to numeric to complex, etc).

Specifically, can/should automatic type conversion, convert an S3 data
type to an S4 data type, even where user-defined data types are
involved?