[Rd] tools::package_dependencies problems

Gabriel Becker g@bembecker @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Oct 17 01:07:45 CEST 2020

Hi Spencer,

You just need an available.packages matrix which reflects the reality you
want to test against. There are probably various ways of getting one of
these, but switchr allows you to build repositories off of many things
including local directories, so you could do something like

> setwd('/Users/gabrielbecker/gabe/checkedout/rtables/')
> library(switchr)
> chooseCRANmirror(ind = 1L)
> crancontribs = contrib.url(options()$repos)
> man = PkgManifest(name = "switchr", url = "~/gabe/checkedout/switchr",
type = "local")
> loccontrib <- lazyRepo(man)

> avl = available.packages(c(loccontrib, crancontribs))
> head(avl[, c("Package", "Version", "Repository")])
         Package    Version
switchr  "switchr"  "0.14.3"
A3       "A3"       "1.0.0"
aaSEA    "aaSEA"    "1.1.0"
AATtools "AATtools" "0.0.1"
ABACUS   "ABACUS"   "1.0.0"
abbyyR   "abbyyR"   "0.5.5"
         Repository

switchr
 "file:///var/folders/14/z0rjkn8j0n5dj1lkdd4ng1600000gn/T/Rtmpe1zsSL/repo/src/contrib"
A3       "https://cloud.r-project.org/src/contrib"

aaSEA    "https://cloud.r-project.org/src/contrib"

AATtools "https://cloud.r-project.org/src/contrib"

ABACUS   "https://cloud.r-project.org/src/contrib"

abbyyR   "https://cloud.r-project.org/src/contrib"

And pass avl directly to package_dependencies

> tools::package_dependencies("switchr", db = avl)
$switchr
[1] "methods" "tools"   "RJSONIO" "RCurl"

The benefit here beyond just constructing the PACKAGES file for your one
package (which if you want to get clever is all available.packages is
actually going to need) is that switchr will allow you to install it if you
want as well. switchr also allows you to install from your local working
copies of multiple inter-related packages simultaneously by having a
manifest that has those working copies in it, if you are doing development
that crosses package boundaries.

This reminds me that I need to polish and push some utilities related to
local checkouts of packages, I'll try to do that soon.

Anyway, hope that helps as it is now,

Best,
~G