[Rd] .Internal(quit(...)): system call failed: Cannot allocate memory

Jan Gorecki j@goreck| @end|ng |rom w|t@edu@p|
Sat Nov 21 18:51:02 CET 2020

Dear R-developers,

Some of the more fat scripts (50+ GB mem used by R) that I am running,
when they finish they do quit with q("no", status=0)
Quite often it happens that there is an extra stderr output produced
at the very end which looks like this:

Warning message:
In .Internal(quit(save, status, runLast)) :
  system call failed: Cannot allocate memory

Is there any way to avoid this kind of warnings? I am using stderr
output for detecting failures in scripts and this warning is a false
positive of a failure.

Maybe quit function could wait little bit longer trying to allocate
before it raises this warning?

Best regards,
Jan Gorecki