[Rd] sprintf, check number of parameters

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 4 15:43:41 CET 2020

Dear Matthias,

thanks for the suggestion, R-devel now warns on unused arguments by
format (both numbered and un-numbered). It seems that the new warning is
useful, often it finds cases when arguments were accidentally passed to
sprintf but had been meant for a different function.

R allows combining both numbered and un-numbered references in a single
format, even though it may be better to avoid and POSIX does not allow
that.

Best
Tomas