[Rd] Plotmath on Fedora 31 broken with with pango >= 1.44 - workarounds?

Kenny Bell kmbe||56 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 26 04:21:41 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I have found after upgrading to R 4.0.0 (among other upgrades so this may
not be the cause) that the degree symbol doesn't work correctly on Ubuntu
18.04. Googling brought me to this thread that appears related.

I tried running:
cairo_pdf()
plot.new(); text(0.5,0.5, bquote(120*degree*N), cex=5)
dev.off()

and the ubuntu plot has the degree symbol vertically in the center of the
line. The Windows one correctly shows as superscript.

Anyone else see this behaviour?

Cheers,
Kenny