[Rd] edit() doubles backslashes when keep.source=TRUE

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 15 19:26:59 CEST 2020

Actually, it's not that hard to set up for a source compile for MacOS. The hard part is to do it precisely like the CRAN binaries so that you can run binary packages off CRAN, but in other setups you can just build packages from source.

A stone in the shoe has been that the documentation on mac.r-project.org was littered with out-of-date information, but it seems that Simon has now cleaned this up considerably. It should now be possible simply to follow instructions on http://mac.r-project.org/tools/. I'm sure Simon will be receptive to information if something doesn't quite work.

-pd