[Rd] docs about _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_ ?

Gabriel Becker g@bembecker @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 13 21:55:53 CEST 2020

Hi Toby,

As Gabor pointed out the place where the various levers R CMD check
supports is in the R-internals manual, but there is a link directly to that
section in
https://cloud.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Checking-packages

It could perhaps be more prominent, perhaps by moving the paragraph that
appears in to before the detailed list of  exact tests that are performed?
I'm happy to put a patch for that together if there is a) interest, and b)
a patch is preferable to someone on R-core simply doing that migration
themselves.

I do also agree that given that _R_CHECK_DEPENDS_ONLY_ and
_R_CHECK_SUGGESTS_ONLY_
are mentioned in the section you link, it would perhaps make sense to
mention _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_ as well. I can put that in the patch as
well, if there is agreement from R-core that one or both of these changes
make sense.

Best,
~G