[Rd] defining r audio connections

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Fri May 8 00:02:13 CEST 2020

The custom connections API was specifically introduced to allow packages to create custom connections back in 2013. Its sole purpose is to allow package authors to create new connections outside of base R, so I don't see why packages using it shouldn't be allowed on CRAN. However, it is solely at CRAN's discretion to decide what gets published, so it may be worth raising it with the team, ask for the reasons and what it would take for them to accept packages using that API.

Cheers,
Simon