[Rd] help with rchk warnings on Rf_eval(Rf_lang2(...))

Mon Mar 23 22:55:17 CET 2020

On 23 March 2020 at 17:07, Ben Bolker wrote:
| Or is there a way I can use Shield() since this an Rcpp-based project
| anyway?

Yes you can, and I would recommend it.

Example from Rcpp itself, file Environment.h:

  Shield<SEXP> res(Rcpp_fast_eval(Rf_lang2(asEnvironmentSym, x), R_GlobalEnv));

For Rcpp_fast_eval, you may still need to #define RCPP_USE_UNWIND_PROTECT
before including Rcpp.h; as I recall we were seeing too many side effects in
other packages when globally enabling it.  Or you can play it safe and simply
use Rcpp_eval.

This really was more of a rcpp-devel question.

Dirk