[Rd] standard naming for components of R data structures

Steve Dutky @dutky @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 1 17:46:19 CET 2020

I need to write some documentation:

I'm looking for a standard, consistent way of referring  to the components
and attributes of R data structures.   Googling and Stackoverflow yield a
variety of github sites that do not seem to be particularly authoritative.

I was hoping to find a BNF/ABNF grammar for R.

I've looked at the output of bison -v ./R-3.6.2/src/main/gram.y but it does
not appear helpful.

I appreciate any suggestions for where to look or what to do.

Thanks, Steve

--

Ever tried, Ever failed, No Matter:

Try again, Fail again, Fail Better.