[Rd] Development version of R fails tests and is not installed

Berwin A Turlach berw|n@tur|@ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Feb 16 10:53:08 CET 2020

G'day Jeroen,

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 01:04:24 +0100
Jeroen Ooms <jeroen using berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I think the intention was to add something similar in R's autoconf
> script to enable sse on 32-bit unix systems, but seemingly this hasn't
> happened. For now I think you should be able to make your 32-bit
> checks succeed if you build R with CFLAGS=-mfpmath=sse -msse2.

Just for the record, adding

  CFLAGS="-mfpmath=sse -msse2"

to the config.site file used to compile the 32bit version of R's
development version fixed the problem indeed.  The installation script
ran from the command line with out error to the end, and every day
since then at this crontab'd time.

Looks as if it would be good indeed if R's autoconf script would enable
sse on 32-bit unix systems. :)

Thank you for the solution.

Cheers,

	Berwin