[Rd] Stroring and extracting AICs from an ARIMA model using a nested loop

Tue Feb 4 16:36:30 CET 2020

Hello,

Don't worry, we've seen worst questions :).
Inline.

Às 13:20 de 04/02/20, ismael ismael escreveu:
> I am now aware that I should not post this type of questions on this
> group. However, I would like to have some clarifications related to the
> response you've already provided. The code you provided yields accurate
> results, however I still have issues grasping the loop process in case 1
> & 2.
>
> In case 1, the use of "p+1" and "q+1" is still blurry to me?

1. R indexes starting from 1, both your orders p and q are 0:3. So to
assign the results to the results matrix, add 1 and get indices 1:4.
You could also set the row and column names after, to make it more clear:

dimnames(storage1) <- list(paste0("p", 0:3), paste0("q", 0:3))

2. 0L is an integer, just 0 is a floating-point corresponding to the C
language double.

class(0L)   # "integer"
class(0)    # "numeric"

typeof(0L)  # "integer"
typeof(0)   # "double"

Indices are integers, so I used integers and added 1L every iteration
through the inner loop.

This also means that in point 1. I should have indexed the matrix with p
+ 1L and q + 1L, see the output of

class(0:3)

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas