[Rd] Stroring and extracting AICs from an ARIMA model using a nested loop

Mon Feb 3 10:46:32 CET 2020

Hello,

You can solve the problem in two different ways.

1. Redefine storage1 as a matrix and extract the aic *in* the loop.

storage1 <- matrix(0, 4, 4)
for(p in 0:3){
   for(q in 0:3){
     storage1[p + 1, q + 1] <- arima(etc)$aic
   }
}

2. define storage1 as a list.

storage1 <- vector("list", 16)
i <- 0L
for(p in 0:3){
   for(q in 0:3){
     i <- i + 1L
     storage1[[i]] <- arima(etc)
   }
}

lapply(storage1, '[[', "aic")  # get the aic's.

Maybe sapply is better it will return a vector.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas