[Rd] [External] R crashes when using huge data sets with character string variables

Arne Henningsen @rne@henn|ng@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 14 23:26:27 CET 2020

Dear all

Thanks a lot for your very helpful explanations and suggestions. I
have increased the size of my computer's "swapfile" and this solved my
problem, i.e., R no longer crashes when I work with character string
variables in my large data set (probably until I work with an even
larger data set).

Best wishes,
Arne

--