[Rd] make check fails due to NA / NaN mismatch

Mon Aug 31 09:44:17 CEST 2020

    > It seems there is a problem in tests/d-p-q-r-tst-2.R (R-devel r79091): NA / NaN mismatch is not allowed by a test on lines 590--592, but the comment suggests otherwise. A run of "make check" fails there when tested on a Raspberry Pi with Raspberry Pi OS (based on Debian Buster): all 'NaN' is expected, but all 'NA' is returned when testing the function 'rf()' with 'ia == 1'.

Thank you, Mikko.

Note that I've recently split off the  tests/d-p-q-r-tst-2.R  file
from from the previously  longer       tests/d-p-q-r-tests.R  file,
mostly in order to drop the 'R CMD Rdiff .. *.Rout.save' testing
from those parts.

However the *test* you mention has been in R's tests (in the
tests//d-p-q-r-tests.R file)  for a very long time,  AFAICS.

So, I am a bit puzzled:  What you write seems to indicate that
this is a new failure, but that is just one "between the lines"
interpretation, so let me ask to clarify:

Is it the first time you're running 'make check' on that
platform and get that error?
or is it a platform you've been running 'make check' on R-devel
for a while and only now you "suddenly" get that error?

Best,
Martin