[Rd] NAs and rle

William Dunlap wdun|@p @end|ng |rom t|bco@com
Wed Aug 26 16:24:48 CEST 2020

Splus's rle() also grouped NA's (separately from NaN's):

% Splus
TIBCO Software Inc. Confidential Information
Copyright (c) 1988-2008 TIBCO Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
TIBCO Spotfire S+ Version 8.1.1 for Linux 2.6.9-34.EL, 32-bit : 2008
> dput(rle(c(11,11,NA,NA,NA,NaN,14,14,14,14)))
list("lengths" = c(2, 3, 1, 4)
, "values" = c(11., NA, NaN, 14.)
)

Bill Dunlap