[Rd] r-project.org SSL certificate issues

Toby Hocking tdhock5 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 19 19:35:22 CEST 2020

Hi win-builder certificate expired on Aug 15. My student on the other side
of the world is also seeing this problem so I think it needs to be fixed...
> download.file("https://win-builder.r-project.org", "/tmp/wb.html")
trying URL 'https://win-builder.r-project.org'
Error in download.file("https://win-builder.r-project.org", "/tmp/wb.html")
:
  cannot open URL 'https://win-builder.r-project.org'
In addition: Warning message:
In download.file("https://win-builder.r-project.org", "/tmp/wb.html") :
  URL 'https://win-builder.r-project.org/': status was 'Peer certificate
cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates'