[Rd] R 4.0.0 build error with sysdata.rda on ppc64el architecture

Thu Apr 30 15:22:39 CEST 2020

On 30 April 2020 at 09:42, Iñaki Ucar wrote:
| On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 02:49, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:
| > And to keep the list abreast, this appears to be related to the long double
| > issue on powerpc where needed an extra #define to ensure compilation. That
[...]
| Which reminds me that [1] was required for v3.6.2. Could be related?

Yes, that is what I refered to via "long double issue on powerpc". Without a
URL but it is the same issue (in the sense of that architecture being "very
different"); it simply is no longer the same issue of needing the #define to
compile. But the diffferent nature of powerpc now bite's R own 'compiler'
package.  R Core is on it; I may avoid it in a quicker fix by disabling long
double support on just this platform (til we have a better fix).

Dirk