[Rd] Use of MathJax (or something similar) in .Rd files

Thu Apr 30 12:15:55 CEST 2020

Interesting. I gave this a try, but couldn't make this work. One would have to infuse something like

<script id="MathJax-script" async
  src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/mathjax@3/es5/tex-mml-chtml.js">
</script>

or

<script id="MathJax-script" async
  src="<url-to-your-site>/mathjax/tex-chtml.js">
</script>

into the .html file, but just adding this to the .Rd file (directly or wrapped with \if{html}{}) doesn't do that (it just gets printed). If somebody has already successfully done this, I would be interested in hearing how.

Best,
Wolfgang