[Rd] How to find detritis rejected by "R CMD check" on Debian?

Fri Apr 17 16:33:45 CEST 2020

On 17/04/2020 10:14 a.m., Spencer Graves wrote:
> Hello:
>

>         How can someone help me find and fix the following, contained in
> 00check.log on Debian for "https://github.com/JamesRamsay5/fda":
>

> NOTE
> Found the following files/directories:
>     ‘fdaMatlabPath.m’
> * checking for detritus in the temp directory ... OK
>

>         See:

That would have resulted from running the example in ?fdaMatlabPath.

You could stop that from happening in a test by using

if (interactive())
   fdaMatlabPath()

but it still potentially wipes out a user's file.  Can't you ask the
user for the filename to write to, and have the example write to
tempdir() instead of the current directory?

Duncan Murdoch