[Rd] How to find detritis rejected by "R CMD check" on Debian?

Fri Apr 17 16:29:20 CEST 2020

Spencer,

On 17 April 2020 at 09:14, Spencer Graves wrote:
|        How can someone help me find and fix the following, contained in
| 00check.log on Debian for "https://github.com/JamesRamsay5/fda":
|
| NOTE
| Found the following files/directories:
|    ‘fdaMatlabPath.m’
| * checking for detritus in the temp directory ... OK

Obviously from your package, so you could use a tool like 'grep' locally.

We can just turn to Gabor's handy CRAN mirror at GitHub, open the
repo at github.com/cran/fda and enter the filename in the search.
Second hit is

  writeLines(d2a, 'fdaMatlabPath.m')

which is obviously a file _you write_ and not not delete just as
the package checking diagnostic suggests. As frequently suggested here or on
r-package-devel (where this belonged), prefix paths by `tempdir()` or change
there first.

Dirk