[Rd] detect ->

Gabriel Becker g@bembecker @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 13 10:23:21 CEST 2020

Adrian,

Indeed, this has come up in a few places, but as Gabor says, there is no
such thing as right hand assignment at any point after parsing is complete.

This means the only feasible way to detect it, which a few projects do I
believe, is process the code while it is still raw text, before it goes
into the parser, and have clever enough regular expressions.

The next question, then, is why are you trying to detect right assignment.
Doing so can be arguably useful fo linting, its true. Otherwise, though,
because its not really a "real thing" when the R code is being executed,
its not something thats generally meaningful to detect in most cases.

Best,
~G